Élise never tried to be known or to make herself known. Providence, however, made it possible on the one hand for essential testimonies to be written down and on the other hand for these texts to survive over time.
Five witnesses of the time of Elise
The writings of four key witnesses have come down:
- Father André Générat, for 15 years pastor of Mailly-le-Château and spiritual father of Élise,
- Father Pierre Van Ede, pastor of the neighboring parish, Châtel-Censoir
- Father Marcel Girard, successor of Father Générat as parish priest of Mailly-le-Château
- Father Jourdain Bochin, Dominican, director of the Fraternity of the sick,
- Élise's mother, Marie Bisschop
In order to read the next article click here.